Breakup of Narentia
|Commanders and leaders|
The Breakup of Narentia occured on the last week of August 2014. The Suvak nationalists made a coup d etat taking advantage of the Presidents vacation.
The major causes were tensions between the Sernian people, led by the Narentian President Pravoslav Karadžić and the Suvak nationalists led by Rubat Suboda who was also the leader of the 2014 Narentian riots which led to the fall of the government.
President Karadžić was a pro-Serbian politician who was feared by the growing influence of the Suvaks. The Suvaks, on the other hand were xenophobic and didnt like the Sernian president whom they saw too radical and eccentric
Timeline of events Edit
Suvak coup Edit
The President left on the 23rd August, and because the governmnet had fallen in the 2014 Narentian riots he was the only executive power on the federal level. On the following day, Rubat Suboda and members of SIS militia and Slovak volounteers had taken over practically the whole of Narentia (occupying government buildings, taking control of armouries) except Novigrad, Novomostje, Dubnjica, Srnska, and Staroselo.
After taking control of the area, Suboda procaimed Slovak as the sole official language and forbade Iryllian languages all together. a Suvak republic was proclaimed. The city of Prievidza has been proclaimed its capital.Rubat Suboda became its President and members of the SOS acquired the key posts.
"Narentian mobilization" Edit
The army had no central command as the President was to be the top commander. The two generals, Izbjacki and Tvrtković tried to mobilize their men but many of them were away- on holidays or at work. Out of the original 17 only 6 could be deployed.The Narentian Federal Militia has provided only 3 men and the Narentians havent coordinated well enough.
The Narentian forces were deployed on the 24th, but they managed to hold Novomostje and Staroselo.the primator of Novigrad has organized the defense of the city well enough, so that it remained the capital of the rump state. At that time the Patriarch of the narentian Orthodox Church Vladimir vojislav fled to Staroslelo.
Sernian uprising Edit
PANTERI, the Sernian nationalist party ,have coordinated their actions much better than the other groups.After hearing about the coup, they created their own unit the Garda PANTERI and met on the 24th to train. Jaroslav Itrov became the commander of the Garda PANTERI
On the 25th they rebelled and took over the western part of the country. They fortified themselves at a forest between Kanjanka and Dubnjica. The Suvaks retreated to the northwest and besieged Staroselo which was the site of a few clashes between the Narentian remnats and the Suvaks. The sernians also gained Poruba and Lasvare.
The Serenians declared the Republic of Srnska on the liberated teritory and Rodoljub Vulović , the leader of the PANTERI party became their President.
The Patriarch fled to Bojnjice
Novigrad declares neutrality Edit
Rudo Koljić, the primator of Novigrad declared neutrality on the 26th August, declaring
"We are not Narentians. None of us are. Why are we to fight against them, against Suvaks, if we are all Suvaks? No. We shall indeed not shoot our own kin."
Thus, Koljić declared sovereignity of the city-state of Novigrad, closed all Narentian institutions in the city and declared a ceasefire with the Suvaks. The Narentian loyalists were thus divided into two exclaves: the besieged Staroselo whose defendants fled to Bojnjice and the larger one, consisting of Novomostje and Istočno Novomostje.
Suvak consolidation Edit
In the Suvak-controlled areas, Suboda recruited volounterers from the local pubs and began persecuting Narentians and particularly Sernians. His people made an administrative reform coppying the old Slovak pattern.During this period some 10-20 Narentian citizens were forced to sign a document stating that they would end with micronationalism.
On the 28th August Novigrad, already under attack for 5 hours realized it could stand no longer so they surrendered. Meanwhile the Suvaks also conquered Istočno Novomostje..
Serno-Narentian alliance Edit
The Narentian remanants, led by General Tvrtković were trapped in Novomostje, and after the eastern part of the town fell, Tvrtković and the the Sernian president Rodoljub Vulović met together and on the 29th they agreed that Novomostje would become part of Republic of Srnska but with a local autonomy.
Karadžić arrival Edit
When Pravoslav Karadžić (31st. August 2014) returned from his holiday and learned what happened, he tried to negotiate with each of the groups, but neither would give away their sovereginty.Also, he learned that the Suvak Republic would join Slovakia on the 1st August 2014.
He said that the 1st September would be the day of the dsissolution of Narentia and the last day of his offcie as reaction Jadranska declares inderpendence as the Jadranska Confederation.
As the1st September was the Slovak Constitution day, Rubot Suboda proclaimed them merger with Slovakia on this day.
- Republic of Srnska-President Rodoljub Vulović
- Novomostje Autonomy (Tvrtković)
- Suvak Republic-merged with Slovaika on the 1st September 2014
- Jadranska Confederation Declared war on Srsnka and Suvakia later reformed to the Republic of Jadranska
- Aikavian Federation
- Principality of Virdo
The events are highly controversial and are subject to a series of inerpretations.
Sernian point of view Edit
The oifficial interpretation within the Republic of Srnska says that the Suvaks were the aggressors, the Narentian authorities were incompetent and the Sernians are depicted as freedom fighters.
The Serenian Conspiracy EditHowever some people dont belive the real events and claim that the Suvak people was controlled by Serenians for an excuse to establish a Serenian Republic This theories are popular in Pan-Iryllist people and its spread in Nysna and Preskova
- The Suvaks are Slovak and propaly maded a deal with Pravoslav Karadžić to make an uprising to create a serenian state \
- Suvaks joined Slovakia on 1 september 2014 That means that the Serenians use them as puppets/frends (in fact they are Serenians) or that means that their job was done
- The Panthers are Narentian nationalist party, the response to the SOS.
obart Subova was a former PANTERI member
- Serenian People wants independence and destroy other microetnicties (according to the Preskovans)
- The PANTERI was never populair in Iryllia
- PANTERI means 'Panthers' in Narentian and Panters was a serbian nationalist group in Yugoslavia
- The Suvaks hadnt an organization so they asked for serenian weapons
- PANTERI, the Sernian nationalist party ,have coordinated their actions much better than the other groups.The point that the 'Serenians are coordinated their actions much better ' makes people think this is fake. It evokes the idea that the Sernians knew about the whole events.
- The PANTERI openly declared the SOS as their greatest enemies::The party presented themselves by singing Serbian patriotic and nationalist songsThey have openly declared that they shall protest if the ultraextremist SOS comes to power.
- The Federalist Party seems to not have had a program of its own but to serve as a tool for Sernian natioanlists(The Party was founded by Mirko Srnkič, president of republika Srnska Krajina. Later, he was joined by a few secular Lasvarian politicians. His party is also preferred by Suvak people in Novigrad.)
- Some leaders of the PANTERI were already banned from enterring Narentian politics since they were key figures of the national State of Narentia during the Narentian Civil War.The Treaty of Novigrad bans Jaroslav Itrov, the military commander of Srnska from enterring politics and accuses him of war crimes.
- Jaroslav Itrov is a puppet of the Serenian Republic the National State of Narentia was controled by Serenians
- The Serenians had problems with the All-Iryllian government of Narentia leads the creation of Srnskan Krajinia